- The sun, the eight planets and their satellites (or moons), and thousands of other heavenly bodies such as asteroids, comets, meteors and dwarf plants form Solar system.
- Our planet Earth is also a part of the solar system.
- The solar system is located in the Milky Way galaxy. The Sun is located at the centre of the solar system while other heavenly bodies of solar system revolve around it due to the gravitational pull.
- The sun is the only source of energy in solar system.
- the Sun is an star of average size and the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Some planets have natural satellites revolving around them called moon. Also there are numerous comets, asteroids, and meteoroids; and the interplanetary medium.
India well-known for its kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage.
Before moving on to the discussion of the formation dates and years of the Indian States, firstly know that the historical background of the demarcation, annexation and formation of Indian states.
Before independence, India was divided into 565 princely states. These princely states believed in independent governance, which was the biggest obstacle in building a strong India.
1:Which country has largest coastline?
A. USA B. Australia
C. Canada D. India
Explanation – The Top 5 Countries with the Longest Coastline.
|Country||Coastline Length (km)||Coastline Length (miles)|
|1. Canada||202 080 km||125 570 miles|
|2.Indonesia||54,716 km||33,999 miles|
|3.Russia||37,653 km||23,396 miles|
|4.Philippines||36,289 km||22,559 miles|
|5.Japan||29,751 km||18,486 miles|
2: The largest producer of aluminium in the world is
A.France B. India
C.USA D. Italy
Explanation- Aluminium represents the second largest metals market in the world. China is the largest aluminium producing country in the world. Russia is second, Canada is second and U.S.A is third largest producer of aluminium. Hence, c is correct option.
3: The Pennines(Europe), the Appalachians(America) and the Aravallis (India) are examples of
A.Young Mountain B.Old Mountain
C.Block Mountain D.Fold Mountain
Explanation- Old Mountains have rounded features and low elevation with worn out fold. Hence, the Pennines (Europe), the Appalachians (America) and the Aravallis (India) are examples of old mountains.
4: Match the rivers with the cities through which they are flowing and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Explanation- Rotterdam is situated near Rhine River; Paris is situated near Seine River; Budapest is situated near Danube River; Washington is situated near Potomac River. Hence, c is correct option.
5: Which is the largest metal trading centre?
A.Johannesburg B.New York
C.London D.Singapore Read More…