The environment has already been adversely affected by the global climate change. Plants and animal ranges are shifted, glaciers have shrunk and early flowering of trees, all are the impacts of global climate change on the environment. Global warming occurs when carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases along with other air pollutants collect in the atmosphere and absorb sunlight and solar radiation that were reflected back from the earth’s surface. Whereas Albedo is the amount of solar radiation that is reflected by some surface, and is often expressed as a percentage or a decimal value.
Rocks are naturally occurring solid mass, aggregate of minerals that form the Earth’s crust.
Volcanism refers to the eruption of magma and magmatic materials (lava, gas, steam, ash etc.) onto the surface through a break or vent. Along with lava, pyroclastics and volcanic gases also erupt. The source of the magma is mantle. Sometimes, magma doesn’t come to the surface and stuck to the crust.
- The sun, the eight planets and their satellites (or moons), and thousands of other heavenly bodies such as asteroids, comets, meteors and dwarf plants form Solar system.
- Our planet Earth is also a part of the solar system.
- The solar system is located in the Milky Way galaxy. The Sun is located at the centre of the solar system while other heavenly bodies of solar system revolve around it due to the gravitational pull.
- The sun is the only source of energy in solar system.
- the Sun is an star of average size and the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Some planets have natural satellites revolving around them called moon. Also there are numerous comets, asteroids, and meteoroids; and the interplanetary medium.
After independence we have made lots of progress in dams and water reservoirs, Now India is one of the world’s most prolific dam-builders. Around 4300 large dams already constructed and many more in the pipeline, Almost half of which are more than twenty years old. These dams are major attraction of tourists from all over India.