Archive | March 3, 2020
- The sun, the eight planets and their satellites (or moons), and thousands of other heavenly bodies such as asteroids, comets, meteors and dwarf plants form Solar system.
- Our planet Earth is also a part of the solar system.
- The solar system is located in the Milky Way galaxy. The Sun is located at the centre of the solar system while other heavenly bodies of solar system revolve around it due to the gravitational pull.
- The sun is the only source of energy in solar system.
- the Sun is an star of average size and the planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Some planets have natural satellites revolving around them called moon. Also there are numerous comets, asteroids, and meteoroids; and the interplanetary medium.