Make in India and Digital India: Policy to improve farm productivity and income
Make in India and Digital India both are Incumbent government’s flagship programs. The concept of Make in India initiative was launched to boost the domestic industry and to attract foreign investors to invest the Indian economy. The prime objective of the initiatives is to revive the manufacturing industries and create congeal environment to the entrepreneurs in way of the ease of business whereas Digital India was launched to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. It provides the intensified impetus for further momentum and progress for e-Governance and would promote inclusive growth that covers electronic services, products, devices, manufacturing and job opportunities. Both the policies complement each other and have potential to transform the Indian society.
Benefits of Make in India
- Tools of the Indian Farming are out dated and lacked by modern tools and techniques but it does not mean that western techniques do not fulfill India’s need given its diverse topography, climate and small land holdings. Thus these issues can only be addressed through ‘Indianisation’ of agricultural technologies which suits India’s need.
- India still imports large amount of fertilizers, seeds and agricultural tools from foreign, Make in India initiative can help in these issues which will also save huge GDP.
- This will increase employment opportunities of farming and they get other means of livelihood during non-farming season.
Benefits of Digital India
- Electronic or Digitization initiative can reduce fights for land, certification and transfer of land thus farmers
- Technology transfer, whether forecast will be faster and easier through ‘Digital India.
- ‘Seed Bank’, ’Land survey’ needs digitization , once done then government can form policies and can guide farmers to best practices suitable to their land.
- Digitization can pluck the loopholes and increase efficiency in subsidy and other benefit transfer.
- Online transfer of knowledge will be a boon once farmers connected to it. This will integrate them directly with government where solutions can be given quickly.
India is majoritarian agricultural society and no agricultural society can grow without integrating more than half of its population because it is a group of people involved in persistent social interaction, or a large social grouping sharing the same geographical or social territory, typically subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations. These programs will integrate the farmer community to mainstream which was largely due.
Tags: benefits given to farmers in India, benefits of digital India, benefits of digital India programme, companies to benefit from digital India, digital agriculture India, digital farming technology, Digital India, digital India schemes for agriculture, MAKE IN INDIA, Policy to improve farm productivity and income, role of social media in digital India
Get Help from Aspirant Forum
Get all the guidance and personal support from the community:
simply mail us your queries, and Aspirant forum will get back to you with an Answer:
- 1,603,362 hits