||Features of the Policies / Programmes /Schemes
|National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY)
- Planning, development and implementation of heritage-sensitive infrastructure
- Service Delivery and infrastructure provisioning in the core areas of the historic city
- Preserve and revitalise heritage wherein tourists can connect directly with city’s unique character
- Develop and document a heritage asset inventory of cities – natural, cultural, living and built heritage as a basis for urban planning, growth, service provision and delivery
- Implementation and enhancement of basic services delivery with focus on sanitation services like public conveniences, toilets, water taps, street lights, with use of latest technologies in improving tourist facilities/amenities.
- Local capacity enhancement for inclusive heritage-based industry
|Integrated Child Protection Scheme
- It is a governmental program implemented by the Government of India to help secure the safety of children, with a special emphasis on children in need of care and protection, juveniles in conflict or contact with the law and other vulnerable children.
- Its primary purpose is to create a central structure to provide oversight and standardization for pre-existing and evolving child protection schemes in India.
- Proposed in 2006 and implemented in 2009, the ICPS is administered at the state level by state child protection committees and societies and at the district level by district child protection societies, among other institutions.
- The PAHAL DBTL ambitious scheme was launched with an objective of giving cash subsidy on cooking gas and it covered 291 districts.
- The scheme was launched for the consumers of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG). The modified scheme is referred to as Pratyaksh Hanstantarit Labh or PAHAL DBTL (Direct Benefit Transfer of LPG).
- Full immunization against preventable childhood diseases is the right of every child. With a view to provide this right to every child, the Government of India launched the Universal Immunization Program (UIP) in 1985, one of the largest health programs of its kind in the world.
- Despite being operational for over 30 years, UIP has been able to fully immunize only 65% children in the first year of their life and the increase in coverage has stagnated in the past 5 years to an average of 1% every year.
- To strengthen and invigorate the program and achieve full immunization coverage for all children at a rapid pace, the Government of India launched Mission Indradhanush in December 2014.
- Mission Indradhanush will ensure that all children under the age of two years and pregnant women are fully immunized with all available vaccines.
|Sagar Mala project
- The prime objective of the project is to promote port-led direct and indirect development and to provide infrastructure to transport goods to and from ports quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- It aim to develop access to new development regions with inter-modal solutions and promotion of the optimum modal split, enhanced connectivity with main economic centres and beyond through expansion of rail, inland water, coastal and road services.
|Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana
- It aims at creating enabling environment for need based and outcome oriented holistic development of the tribal people.
- Improving the quality of life in tribal areas
- Improving the quality of education
- Qualitative and sustainable employment for tribal families
- Bridging infrastructure gaps with focus on quality
- Protection of tribal culture and heritage
|Shram Suvidha Portal
- The portal will be operative in 4 central organizations namely Chief Labour Commissioner, Directorate General of Mines Safety, Employee Provident Fund and Employees’ State insurance Corporation.
- ·Registration of Establishment/Employers/Units etc. which can be inspected under any of the Labour Laws for allotment of Unique Labour Identification Number (LIN).
- Inspections with mandatory uploading of inspection Reports within 72 hours by the Labour inspectors.
- Filing of self-certified and simplified Single Online Return by the industry. Now Units will only file a single consolidated Return online instead of filing 16 separate Returns.
- Timely redressal of grievances will be ensured with the help of the portal.
- Aims at creating awareness among youth and empower them to become active partners in nation building activities.
- Provide information on the avenues for skill development, encourage and empower them with the spirit of nationalism and volunteerism.
- The thematic areas of the campaign are encouraging Nationalism, promoting “Swachh Bharat, Shramadaan” and popularizing the recently launched “Jan Dhan Yojana”.
|· Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
- The scheme is to be implemented through SCAs in rural and urban areas by way of financing the women beneficiaries either directly or through Self-Help-Groups (SHGs).
- To provide Micro Finance to women Self Help Groups (SHGs) belonging to the target group.
- Eligibility of the Beneficiary: Women belonging to the Backward Classes as notified by Central / State Govt. from time to time and living below double the poverty line (i.e. annual family income of the beneficiary should be less than Rs.1,20,000/- p.a. in urban areas and Rs.98, 000/- p.a. in rural areas.
|Community Development Programme
- It is a movement designed to promote better living for the whole community with the active participation and on the initiative of the community.
- It is a balanced programme for stimulating the local potential for growth in every direction. Its promise is of reciprocal advance in both wealth and wealth and welfare, not on the basis of outside charity but by building on the latent vitality of the beneficiaries themselves with the minimum of outside aid.
- It is technically aided and locally organized self-help.
- It has come into international usage to denote the process by which the efforts of the people themselves are united with those the governmental authorities to improve the economic social and cultural conditions of the communities, to integrate these communities into the life of the nation and enable them to contribute fully to national progress.
- It is the term used to describe the technique which many governments have adopted to reach their village people and to make more effective use of local initiative and energy for increased production and better living standards.
- It is a process of social action in which the people of a community organize themselves for planning and action, define their needs and problems.